26 Times British Politics Summed Up Being a Student In 2016
“What is happening!?” 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
1. When you notice a spelling error in an essay you’ve already submitted.
2. When you promise to do the washing up but then don’t.
3. When you go home for reading week.
— Press Association (@PA) July 13, 2016
4. And can’t go anywhere without running into people from your old school.
5. When your parents find out you’re not getting that first class degree.
this is what you've done. i hope you feel bad. pic.twitter.com/GZ5Z8nIejz
— grace elizabeth (@pe_eace) June 24, 2016
6. When no one wants to do the leg work in a group project.
Take back control.
No you take it back.
No you fucking take it.
You touched it last. pic.twitter.com/160NuQGeXX
— Brian Spason (@BrianSpanner1) June 24, 2016
7. Your motivation towards the end of the semester.
8. When your mate is wasted and you walk up to the bouncers hoping they won’t notice.
9. When your dissertation is due but someone asks you to go to the pub.
10. When you finally know the answer to a lecturer’s question.
— The Independent (@Independent) July 14, 2016
11. When you do literally anything but all the work you have to do.
12. When the librarian says the book you need is on the shelf but you can’t see it.
So just carry on looking and eventually leave without it instead of facing the awkward embarrassment of asking for help AGAIN.
13. When you go to a seminar hungover and try to form an argument.
14. When everyone’s late for pre-drinks.
If you can hear us Margaret, move a glass. pic.twitter.com/R2Ic2nGGkP
— Lise (@F41rygirl) July 12, 2016
15. When you’re viewing houses and, before going in, pray that this one isn’t infested with rats and mould.
This is the moment the Camerons hugged each other outside 10 Downing Street. (📷 Oli Scarff/AFP/Getty) pic.twitter.com/HH8yKg44yD
— BuzzFeed UK Politics (@BuzzFeedUKPol) July 13, 2016
16. When you let someone else do the talking in a presentation.
We are all facepalm man pic.twitter.com/hkFVXMBTGr
— Aisha S Gani (@aishagani) June 28, 2016
17. When someone asks, “so what job can you get with your degree?”
18. When your lazy housemate asks you to sign their name in the register because they cba getting out of bed.
— Finlay Harris (@finlayharris) July 14, 2016
19. When that person you hate on your course looks at you.
20. When you haven’t left the house for days and your housemates ask if you’re going to get dressed.
Larry stages a protest by lying down in Downing Street. pic.twitter.com/dVKxCl6xqs
— Mark Sparrow (@MarkGSparrow) July 12, 2016
21. When you didn’t read the email saying the lecture was cancelled.
22. When you said, “yeah I’ve done the extra reading” to the seminar tutor.
And then they asked you about it.
23. When you were more confident than you should have been on nights out.
What you think you look like in the club photo vs how you actually look pic.twitter.com/GGE2JoYfQN
— Sean Talbot (@STalbots) July 13, 2016