27 Unforgivable Things Your Housemates Will Do To You at University
The people you live with at university will likely be your friends for a long time. But there are occasions when you just want them out.
1. They will steal your food.
So our 8th flatmate turned up to uni half a semester late and stole my eggs. WHY. WHY EVEN COME BACK. #ugh
— Flora (@floraannejc) March 17, 2015
2. And keep you up at night.
is uni life just hearing your flatmate(s) having sex??? it's like a weekly occurrence
— dani (@radicaI) September 17, 2015
3. Then they will complain about you keeping them up at night.
Flatmate telling us to turn it down…it's not even twelve mate did you know you were coming to uni…?
— colleenkleshie (@ColleenKleshie) September 25, 2015
4. They won’t let you put the heating on when you’re cold.
2 degrees. Flatmate: "I still don't think we should turn the heating on" go fuck yourself.
— naomi w ♡ (@naomiwongo) January 21, 2015
5. But they’ll probably turn it on when it’s too warm.
Somehow it makes perfect sense to me that my anti-central-heating flatmate picked today, the warm day, to put the heating on…
— kerisota♌︎ (@kerison) February 26, 2015
6. They will use your Netflix account to watch their guilty pleasures.
I haven't used Netflix in a while. My housemate from first year has been using it and my recommendations are horrible.
— Seán Lyons (@SeanLyons64) August 24, 2015
7. And will ruin your save on the video game you’re playing.
Secretly glad I accidentally saved over my housemate's Fifa career mode. He plays on a pathetic difficulty and makes unrealistic signings.
— Yousif (@Yousifudge) October 23, 2014
8. They will balance rubbish on top of rubbish instead of just taking the bins out.
why the fuck are my flat mates so fucking stupid in that when the bin is full EMPTY IT DONT FUCKING BALANCE YOUR SHIT ONTOP OF THE BIN
— ㅤcameron (@__cambell) February 13, 2015
9. They’ll let the dishes pile up.
That one uni flatmate who is a genius at quantum physics but can't fucking wash dishes
— Aidan (@Aidaannn) December 9, 2013
10. And will vomit after a night out and not clean it up.
Flatmate has days old vomit on her door Lol lol loli loliloooliljeosjsjfndhlol lol luv uni me xxxxx
— Ammarah (@GETtoasted) February 22, 2015
11. They will hog the bathroom when you have a lecture to get to and they don’t.
Going to be late for uni cos my flatmate is having a vacation in the shower… 😑
— Stefan Whiting (@As_StefWhiting) April 16, 2015
Oh so my housemate decides to take a shower. YOU HAD THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAY AND YOU DECIDE TO SHOWER NOW??? I HATE YOU
— dat ashun boi (@alexlam24) September 28, 2015
12. They’ll mess with your pre-drink playlist.
Not about when you set up a perfect queue on Spotify and then someone comes along and ruins it by clicking another song!!
— Matt Griffiths (@MattiGriff1996) October 14, 2014
13. They won’t ever buy milk.
— emily (@MissChawawa) September 24, 2015
14. They’ll invite attractive friends round to your house when you’re sat in pyjamas watching Traffic Cops.
Whoops, slobbed down to kitchen for more wine in pjs and furry slippers only to find flatmate has brought a load of his mates round…..
— Jenny Foster (@JenFosterLib) November 22, 2013
15. And throw parties at the most inappropriate times.
Spanish flatmate has thrown another party again. Cue awkward interactions with people whilst trying to heating up spaghetti hoops in pyjamas
— megan (@meganhprice) February 20, 2015
16. They will convince you to order Domino’s when a) you’re too poor and b) you’ve already eaten pizza like 4 times that week.
— Nadia Sophie (@nadiaaaaax) November 20, 2014
Flatmate is on a diet so naturally I've convinced him to join me in a Domino's Two for Tues. It just makes good financial sense.
— Paul Cairnduff (@PaulCairnduff) September 8, 2015
17. Then bin the leftovers you were saving for breakfast.
You know you're a uni student when you literally cry over your flatmate putting 3 slices of your dominos in the bin, goodbye hangover food👋🏻
— paige✌️ (@windiate_paige) September 26, 2015
18. They will make you feel guilty every time you say “no” to a night out.
Flatmates are such a bad influence a 'quiet one' never seems to happen
— Rebecca Crusham (@31rebecca31) December 3, 2013
19. It’s likely they will infect you.
my flatmate has freshers flu and she just hugged me…..everyone pray for me pls
— Rianna (@RiiTweetsss) September 25, 2015
20. They’ll use your quilted Andrex then replace it with sandpaper.
MY FLATMATE HAS BOUGHT SINGLE PLY TOILET PAPER AGAIN. THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW.
— Chris (@asoopdragon) May 18, 2014
21. They won’t help you clean up when your parents are coming to visit.
My parents are visiting tomorrow so today I'm using mom-vision to clean in preparation. All I see around my apt is dirt and disappointment.
— Freaky Justice (@rebeccawatson) September 10, 2015
22. There’ll be times when they cook something great without offering any to you.
at uni living off cuppa soup whilst my flatmate just made a tuna omelette with roasted peppers rocket and cucumber like can u not
— baberaham lincoln (@yeayaplaya) September 25, 2015
23. But also times when they just mess everything up.
My flatmate left his pressure cooker on for too long and it exploded spinach all over the kitchen 🙂 pic.twitter.com/MB4BbApDxz
— Ruby Lee (@_rubylee) November 8, 2014
24. They won’t appreciate your essay revision schedule.
I think my trying to concentrate and do uni work is what summons my flatmate to play his saxophone ._. every day…. everyyyyyy day….
— Arna (@Arnazzzz) September 23, 2015
25. And if you’re really lucky you’ll hear them having sex in communal areas.
Just had to listen to my flatmate and her boyfriend having sex in our mouldy shower, SCARRED. FOR. LIFE
— Rachel Connolly (@Rachel1Connolly) March 31, 2014
26. They’ll be inappropriate with their pubic hair.
Lost my two hairbrushes and the only one you have left, is the one your flatmate brushed his pubes with #messyhairitis
— Bethan Gayter (@bethaaan14) May 12, 2014
27. And after all that, they will eventually commit the ultimate sin.
Drank all my flatmate's beer last night and I've only got about £4 to replace it. It's boss living with me.
— Liam (@thatmonokid) September 26, 2015