28 Lessons Every New Student Can Learn From ‘Fresh Meat’
“I fucking love Penne”
1. Don’t be afraid to push yourself.
2. Being open and sociable can easily backfire.
3. If you don’t hate literally everything about your accommodation, you’re one of the lucky ones.
4. Don’t ignore your bank account. It will never end well for you.
5. Some people are just more well-rounded than you.
6. Post-it notes are a common form of communication for students.
7. Stay woke.
8. Lots of people try really hard.
9. and if you have to tell people you have good banter then you probably don’t.
10. You really don’t need to think about a career in your first year.
11. Learn to love pasta. It is all you will eat.
12. Your housemates’ behaviour will make you question everything you thought you knew about the human race.
13. You will catch freshers’ flu. And it will make you really miss your mum.
14. Stop to talk to a flyerer and you will regret it.
15. Everyone has a favourite and least favourite flatmate.
16. And you’re definitely not going to get on with everyone you live with.
17. And if you think no one will fall out over a bin, you’d be wrong.
18. Fancy dress is fun until someone ruins it.
19. And cheese nights aren’t for everyone and THAT’S OKAY.
20. Never underestimate the TV License people.
Especially now you need one to watch iPlayer.