31 Reasons Why December Is The Worst Month To Be a Student
Not to ruin Christmas or anything but December is garbage.
1. You thought your student house was cold before but in December is a whole new level.
This is going to be me this whole winter pic.twitter.com/TZ51NgZDWY
— || KristenTay || (@swagmoneytay) November 18, 2016
2. And everyone is arguing about whether you can afford to turn the heating on or not.
3. The walls of your bedroom drip condensation onto your head while you sleep.
4. You have ***so*** much work to do.
me, at the end of the semester trying to hold it together pic.twitter.com/4942baS5h5
— Maddie (@maddiemortell) November 18, 2016
5. And because it’s so cold and dark you never want to get out of bed, meaning you probably fall behind.
Winter is approaching & this is now me every morning. pic.twitter.com/cTJlrbpn1N
— kale-say (@kels_2014) November 15, 2016
6. By the time you do make it to uni the sun is probably already going down.
“I need to get home!”
7. And it’s easy to go several days without ever seeing daylight.
It's dark when I get to uni and it's dark when I leave. Why does daylight look like???? Is the sun actually real????
— Lozza (@_heyits_laura) November 29, 2016
8. You’re expected to buy people presents but couldn’t be more poor.
me, a college student, buying people Christmas presents pic.twitter.com/1tAc2ZRcyt
— leovalentino (@l__vm) December 15, 2015
9. Because you haven’t had a loan instalment since SEPTEMBER.
I've got 40p to last me till Christmas
— Jake (@_JakeFord) October 16, 2016
10. And won’t get another one until mid January.
11. So no one can afford to go drinking.
I spend my nights alone in bed watching romantic comedies.. Who said uni was the best time of your life
— hopeless fool ∞. (@__samanthaaa_) March 8, 2016
12. Not that you’d want to anyway, because you have to queue forever in the cold wearing nothing because “i don’t need a coat lol”
13. And when you do get in to the club they’re playing Christmas songs.
14. Your parents put their Christmas tree up without you.
Mum tried to tell me that she was going to put up the Christmas tree whilst I'm at uni. lol nice try mate
— clarice (@clarice_clayton) December 1, 2015
15. And you have to do Secret Santa and will probably get that one housemate you don’t actually like.
16. You just want the lecturers to roll out a TV and let you watch Finding Nemo like you did in school, but instead they keep giving you deadlines.
When saw this in class you knew it was on. pic.twitter.com/fo485sfWxT
— SHOTTIVILLE RECORDS (@shotti73) June 28, 2016
17. And you won’t even be able to chill out over the break because you have to revise for January exams.
18. You can no longer tell if your clothes are still wet or just cold.
19. The library has never been more full of other people.
20. And people are taking all the books you need home with them for Christmas.
21. If it snows you still have to do work.
22. And you’ll probably brave the walk to uni, only for your lecturer to be like: “Car won’t start and I cba, lecture is cancelled x”
The second I reach uni, I get a class canceled email 🙃
— Mohammed A. Al-Sabah (@mohammedalsabah) November 20, 2016
23. Someone will ruin your student Christmas dinner because they think they can cook but they can’t.
Not even attempting to do a uni flat Christmas dinner because nobody can cook and we all want to live to see Christmas Day
— Bethan (@bethan_m) December 16, 2015
24. Getting out of the shower is actually hell so you just use all the hot water instead.
25. But then have to dry yourself with a damp (or frozen) towel.
The hardest thing about uni is defo getting out of a temperamental grubby shower, into my cold bathroom trying to dry with a wet damp towel
— Callum Willetts (@mr_c_willetts) January 14, 2014
26. You actually volunteer to do the washing up just because you get to put your hands in hot water.
It’s almost like taking a bath. But for your cold, cold fingers.
27. Your hands are actually so cold that you can no longer type.
My uni bedroom is so cold right now my fingers are struggling to type properly. This must count as extenuating circumstances ?#studenthouse
— ZPrints (@zoeeeprinter7) November 30, 2016
28. And you have to sit at your desk basically buried in blankets.
29. You try to decorate your student house for Christmas but can’t afford anything taller than a 3ft tree.
— sammi lee 李詠琪 (@immas23) November 28, 2016
30. There is actually nothing longer than the winter term.
me when asked about the semester pic.twitter.com/vNPIRtJEFE
— F•R•I•E•N•D•S Tweets (@FRIENDSshowsays) November 29, 2016
31. And when it finally ends you just make a load of resolutions about doing more work next year that you know you won’t keep.
University makes you live in a permanent state of guilt, there's always work you could be doing but you just don't
— Student Problems (@StudentProblems) November 29, 2016
Yeah, December is the worst.