35 Things That Could Only Ever Happen In a Student House
Living in a student house is an unforgettable experience. Mostly because the things that happen there would never, ever happen anywhere else.
1. Moving in to find that absolutely none of the furniture matches.
Student house furniture be like pic.twitter.com/Dn03SWfomX
— liz reyes (@lexiekunke88288) October 5, 2015
2. And that absolutely nothing works.
nothing in this shitty student house bloody works ffs😡😡
— Vick Walker (@VickWalker) November 10, 2014
3. Or looks nice.
Am I living in an old people’s home or what because this is not acceptable👵👴
4. This conversation.
Only in a student house 😫 pic.twitter.com/8UBdLIEl3o
— Lauren Fardon (@LaurenFardon) May 22, 2015
5. Waking up to find a collection of traffic cones scattered around the house.
6. And then somehow getting use out of them.
7. Hanging your towel up to dry and returning to find it has frozen.
I think my towel I hung out to dry is frozen…woops
— kelsea hindley (@hindleskelsea) January 18, 2013
8. Letting the dishes pile up until there is absolutely nothing clean left to eat off.
9. And seeing just how far people are willing to go to avoid having to wash up.
10. Getting inexplicably angry over central heating.
i live for the passive-aggressive housemate conflict over the central heating thermometer
— afroarabian (@AfroArabian_) October 24, 2015
11. And as a result of it never being turned on, living like this.
Standard attire for the stingy student trying to be savvy with the heating bills pic.twitter.com/xuXKAxRQGA
— Nat Campbell (@NatCampbell_) October 5, 2015
12. Or resorting to the heat from your laptop for warmth.
The only thing keeping me warm in this new student house is my laptop.
— Bethan O'Donnell (@BethanODonnell) September 25, 2015
13. Not being able to use the internet for work because everyone is watching Netflix or downloading things.
And it’s generally just slow AF anyway.
why does the internet have to be so slow like im trying to be a responsible student here
— gail (@paramore_howell) September 18, 2015
14. Putting decorations up and never taking them down.
Ok my house still has Christmas decorations up from last year in the living room I'm gone
— autumn ash (@ashleey_nicole1) November 1, 2015
15. Coming home from lectures and looking forward to eating, only to find all your food has gone.
so dunno which housemate stole food from me, but cheers making a shit day even worse, no energy to make dinner now #fuckyou
— Michael Ratcliffe (@MikeyRatcliffe1) February 4, 2014
16. Having to actually TELL someone to clean up their vomit.
17. Having a considerably greater supply of alcohol than food.
You might be a college student if the only things consumable in your house are beer, liquor, and mixers. 🍻😁 #collegelife
— Amber parks (@Amber_Parks14) October 8, 2015
18. Having to repair things yourself because your landlord doesn’t give a fuck.
19. A music war between two housemates with polar opposite tastes, but equally loud speakers.
Came home heard louuuud music blaring from outside the house. My housemates are at war 😩🙈
— Wacky (@MissAlexander_x) December 4, 2013
20. Having a bathroom that is FULL of products that apparently belong to no one.
I have 8 half empty shower gel bottles in my bathroom #hoarder
— sarcastnic (@pat0ntheback) August 18, 2013
21. Waking up to scenes like this.
Strangers and mess. Just another morning.
22. People knocking on your door at all times of the day.
23. And nobody answering because they cba.
Instead you just awkwardly pretend you’re not home and wait for them to leave.
someone just knocked on the door and I hid behind the sofa bc I cba answering lol
— tom sev (@tomsevvy) August 17, 2015
24. Regular meeting up for “morning after debriefs”.
25. Having a mountain of almost-empty cereal boxes that no one wants to throw out.
WHO KEEPS LEAVING ALL THE CEREAL BOXES IN THE KITCHEN WHEN THEYRE PRACTICALLY EMPTY AND MAKING IT SEEM LIKE THERES ACTUALLY CEREAL
— j.t. (@hoeflexzone) July 31, 2014
26. Because the bin is already overflowing.
27. Getting locked out of your own bedroom. Multiple Times.
I'm not cut out for this student house malarkey. Out of 4 nights I've only managed to sleep in my bed once due to getting locked out 😅😅😅😅
— Rhian (@RhianDavies8) September 22, 2015
28. Drying your clothes anywhere and everywhere.
Using my bike as a clothes horse, I may have just reached peak student pic.twitter.com/Kk0xYZzF1m
— Marley (@marleybennett) October 18, 2015
29. Seeing your housemate put up a Keep Calm and Drink Beer poster in the ~living room~ because it’s “cool”.
30. The fire alarm going off every time someone makes toast.
There's many things I'll miss when I leave Uni, but the fire alarm going off because my toast is almost toast is not one of them.
— Richard Gartland (@RichardGartland) April 9, 2015
31. Not being able to turn off your housemate’s alarm because they have in fact gone home for the week and locked their door.
my roommates fucking alarm is ringing on full blast, her door is locked and I have an exam in the fucking morning
— OG GIRAFFE (@raging_giraffe) November 3, 2015
32. Enduring all kinds of noises when trying to get to sleep.
— Lauren (@05Loz) November 16, 2014
33. Finding snail trails in your living room and not having a single clue why or how.
Infuriating: a slug or snail keeps teleporting into my living room overnight, leaves a slime trail on the rug, then teleports out again!
— Jaime Jessop (@Balinteractive) August 15, 2014
34. Thinking it’s acceptable to stay in bed when people come round to view your house.
I forgot there was a house viewing today and I'm sat in bed naked fml HELLO WELCOME
— |abbie| ☔️ (@abbie51702463) October 31, 2015
35. And increasingly intense passive aggressive post-it note wars.
— UoC Induction (@UoCInduction) August 25, 2015