The 16 Biggest Lies You Tell Yourself at University
“Nah, it’ll be fine.”
1. That you don’t need to take notes because you’ll remember everything in your brain.
Biggest lie I tell myself is "I'll remember that" when I'm in a lecture then look back at my notes and think wtf are these words
— Aoife Clarke (@_aoifz) October 4, 2016
2. That, next time, you aren’t going to leave your essay till the last minute.
I told myself I wouldn't procrastinate this year, yet here I am trying to write an essay last minute. 😩
— Emilee Miranda ✨ (@EmileeMiranda2) October 13, 2016
3. That you’ll visit your home friends at their unis.
"I'll visit you in Uni" this is one of the biggest lie ever 😭
— Jhene Aiko's babes (@__susieeeeee) August 13, 2015
4. And that you’re going to spend Reading Week catching up on all your uni work.
5. That you don’t need to check your bank account because you’ve “probably” got enough in there.
Don't check bank account
Don't check grades
Don't check fridge
"Life is good"
— Your Crush (@why_pull_out) September 11, 2016
6. That you’ll just get up early tomorrow to do work instead of doing it today.
'I'm gonna get up early and do uni work' is the biggest lie I ever tell myself, never happens
— Shannon (@letshadowsdie_) October 13, 2016
7. That you’re going to start eating better.
8. That you’re leaving the library because you’ll “work better” at home.
When you lie to yourself, and leave the library to "go home and study", but instead you end up watching Friends for the past 2 hours…🙈🙋🏽
— Karenee Demery (@KareneeDemery) January 22, 2016
9. That you really deserve a break.
*writes header and title for a 1000 word essay*
aaaahh, that's enough work for today. time for a break
— karla |-/ (@thearctickarla) October 11, 2016
10. That your house will never get this dirty again.
The biggest lie told at uni is:
*Cleans whole kitchen*
"Right guys, we're never going to let it get in that state again"…
— Student Problems (@ProblemsAtUni) August 14, 2015
11. That you don’t need to catch up with your personal tutor. Everything’s probably fine.
12. That you don’t need to go into uni because you study better on your own.
"I don't need to go into uni today, I'll just do loads of work at home instead" – Probably the biggest lie I ever tell myself regularly.
— Johnathan Bretherton (@brevo_94) March 1, 2016
13. Or that you can afford to miss this one lecture because you’ll just catch up on Blackboard.
Lectures are so pointless when you get the whole thing on blackboard
— Aaron King (@aaronkingg18) October 3, 2016
14. That next semester you aren’t going to miss a single seminar.
15. That you need to revise and aren’t going out tonight.
biggest lie I've told at uni is, 'I'm not coming out tonight'
— Xands (@xandsta) October 4, 2015
16. Or that you’re “just going to pres”.
'I'm just going to pres' is the biggest lie ever told by Uni students.
— Jonny Cahill (@jonny_cahill007) October 9, 2015