19 Seriously Awkward Situations That Happen In Every Office Job
Life is full of awkward situations. But few are more awkward than those involving working in an office.
We’ve allll been there…
1. Finishing a meeting, making awkward small talk and wondering who the hell is going to get up first.
Is now too early to leg it?
2. When your boss cracks a lame joke and you have to force a laugh.
So funny omg.
How you gotta laugh when your boss cracks a dead joke in this economy pic.twitter.com/b6xdMHoIDM
— Ali San 🐬 (@TheSanPlanet) June 4, 2017
3. Heading to the kitchen, bumping into a colleague you barely know and having to feign interest in how their day’s going.
That’s nice 🙂
4. Accidentally hitting ‘reply all’ on an email you definitely didn’t want everyone to see.
Fuuuuck my life.
5. Or only realising you’ve made a typo or grammatical error in a very important email after you’ve sent it.
RIP me ⚰️
6. Walking with your boss to the meeting room for a one-on-one chat.
Oh God. So awkward.
7. Spotting “a bit of something” in your co-workers gnashers.
Should I point it out or???
8. When the tables have turned and it’s you with “a bit of something” in your teeth.
Where will I go now?
9. Using the office printer for a non work-related reason.
Please. Hurry. Up.
10. And praying no evidence is left behind…
Printing something off at work and saw a guide of "how to use snapchat for those over 22" left in the printer. What an oddly specific age 😂
— Row (@RowanneJoyce) May 10, 2016
11. Conference calls and the random bursts of silence.
12. When the tastiest part of your lunch goes missing and you look around wondering who did this to you and WHY!
I am watching you. All of you.
13. Being caught red handed sneaking a teabag that doesn’t belong to you.
I was just…borrowing it.
14. Zoning out of a meeting and then hearing your name being mentioned.
Just agree. Nod and agree.
15. Accidentally using someone else’s mug because you didn’t realise it wasn’t communal.
16. Or worse, discovering someone has been using your mug.
It’s defiled now.
17. When someone asks to borrow some of your stationery and you don’t want to let them but also can’t say no.
Of course you can!!! Help yourself ☺️☺️☺️
18. Having a good bitch with your work BFF and then the person you’re bitching about walks in.
Hi, yeah, we were just chatting about…things.
19. And to round it all off, accidentally signing off a text or email to a colleague with a X.
Guess I’ll have to quit.
Stay awkward, folks.