19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re a Student Blogger
Giving yourself even more writing to do.
1. Uni is a very unreliable place for WiFi.
Eduroam is garbage
— Caitlyn Dills (@Caitlannn_) October 2, 2016
2. Spending more time choosing a theme than you do researching for essays.
3. Wishing you were as good at referencing as coming up with SEO tags.
4. Wanting everyone on your course to follow your blog and boost your numbers, but also not really wanting to tell them about it.
5. And the reactions people have when you do actually tell them you blog.
6. That dread when the blog site crashes and you hadn’t saved your post.
Almost worse than when Word crashes mid-essay.
WHEN YOURE TYPING AN ESSAY AND YOUR COMPUTER CRASHES BEFORE YOU CAN SAVE :)) pic.twitter.com/unfsUicDJ1
— Spoopa? 👀 (@KoopaSSB) December 7, 2014
7. When you move to your first uni house and the internet is so slow it takes forever to upload a single image.
8. Having a great idea in the middle of a seminar and thinking, “I’ll definitely remember that.” Then forgetting it shortly after.
The biggest lie I tel myself is "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember that."
— Drake (@drakethomas7734) August 30, 2016
9. The stress of juggling uni work, social life and your blog commitments.
10. And any form of blogging routine going out of the window during exam time.
Me in the beginning of the school year vs. Me around exam time pic.twitter.com/MXf01NZCk3
— kharis (@bharrots) August 6, 2016
11. Desperately trying to come up with a completely new and original way to review something.
12. Forever waiting for people to approach you with free stuff to write about.
How do you become one of them beauty bloggers that gets makeup and stuff sent to them for free? I'd like to be one of them please?
— Amelia Paynter (@MeeliGrace) July 27, 2016
13. If your blog requires taking photos of things, the weather will never be on your side.
— Stacey Louise Hutton (@staceylouisee) September 28, 2016
14. And you’ll take 500 photos but only use 1.
— Annie Q MUA (@AnnieQadeer) September 14, 2016
15. Pressing “publish” and ambitiously waiting for the views to come flooding in.
16. And becoming obsessed with numbers. Particularly likes, shares and subscribers.
17. The constant fear that you’re breaching someone’s copyright.
18. Accidentally pressing publish instead of save draft.
19. And forever wishing you could just go travelling for a bit and write all about it.
Now you can, with City Travel Review.
City Travel Review are looking for bloggers like you to jet off to destinations across Europe, immersing yourself in the culture and building your journalism skills. Click below to find out more and apply.