20 Lessons You’ve Learned The Hard Way While You’ve Been at University
You learn many lessons at university. Some, you have to learn the hard way.
1. That missing one lecture tends to turn into missing a whole day.
Or week. Or module, even.
Skipping lecture once is a slippery slope to never going to lecture again
— Lily Neumann (@LilyKatherine13) February 15, 2016
2. And that if a lecturer tells you they’ll put the notes online, it doesn’t necessarily mean they will.
3. Going out the night before a 9am is never a good idea.
4. And neither is leaving all of your reading until Reading Week.
Had all of reading week to do my uni work but no I've left it until 11:30pm Sunday night, I love me X
— Kayleigh (@kaylewright) November 13, 2016
5. That printing credits always run out at the most inconvenient of times.
i ran out of printing credits when i literally have 1 more sheet of paper to print lel
— tj (@tdarwish7) May 20, 2016
6. And they cost more than you could ever have imagined.
Nah I spent more on printing credits than alcohol this year ??? What is happening
— Sally (@gingerw00p) January 18, 2017
7. The library is basically a no-go zone during exam season.
80% of my time in the library is spent looking for a bloody computer
— Milly Hobbs (@millyhobbs) November 18, 2014
8. And if you are lucky enough to find a seat, it will be stolen if you leave it unattended.
Nothing's worse than when someone in the library mugs you off by letting someone take your seat after you go for a toilet break.
— Will (@wdallen1) November 10, 2015
9. University is a lot like school at times.
10. And having the ability to choose your own modules doesn’t always mean you choose wisely.
WHY DID I PICK THIS MODULE I REHRET EVERYTHING
— mahi (@Fantasy_Fallacy) February 13, 2017
11. Freshers’ Flu isn’t only contagious to Freshers.
12. And having “just the one drink” at the SU is not possible.
It's never just one drink at the SU
— Abby (@abbyshacks) October 11, 2016
13. That you definitely don’t need to buy all of the books on your reading list.
My reading list will cost me about £400 if I buy all the books which I can't get online secondhand AHAHAHAHAHA
— WJJ (@WillJonesJack) August 18, 2015
14. And that your student loan doesn’t stretch very far. At all.
15. If you take a library book home with you over the holidays, it will be recalled.
Merry Christmas to everyone except you, mysterious person who just recalled my library book. ✌👌👊
— Tashiana Langley (@Tashianax) December 22, 2015
16. And the essay you worked the hardest on will often be the one you receive the lowest marks for.
17. You are capable of using anything and everything as an excuse not to revise.
It's not like I just spent like an hour cleaning the microwave instead of revising… no, not at all
— Poppy Box (@Poppy_Bx) June 16, 2016