21 Things All 2017 Grads Are Freaking Out About Right Now
If you’re graduating this year, you’re definitely not the only one freaking out about the following things.
1. Just how quickly the last few years have gone by.
“It just can’t be right. I swear I’m still a first year?”
2. And whether this means the rest of your life will go equally as fast from now on.
Where is the pause button??!!
3. The fact that you’re not really a student any more.
4. But you don’t feel ready to be a graduate yet either.
5. The genuine, crippling fear that you’ve failed your degree.
Even if you’ve worked out your percentages, the fear is real.
6. Or that you’ll end up 1 mark away from a better classification.
7. Whether it’s normal to feel like you’ve already forgotten a lot of what you just learnt.
8. Honestly panicking that you submitted incorrect measurements for your graduation robes.
9. Or that you’re going to fall down in front of everyone.
10. The real possibility that you might never see some of your uni friends again.
11. And that it might be true that uni was “the best years of your life.”
What’s left for me then?
12. The fact that you’re going to have to give up your student discount very soon.
13. And start paying back your student loan.
14. No longer being able to ignore the fact you need to start looking for a graduate job.
15. But not knowing how you’re supposed to do that when still you don’t really know what you want to do.
16. How many years of experience you seem to need to apply for graduate level jobs.
Sorry but how am I, as a graduate, when looking at a graduate job, supposed to have 3 years experience working in the role?
— Emily (@emmyjaneclem) May 12, 2017
17. And how likely it’s looking that you’ll end up in a role that has no relevance to your degree whatsoever.
Money well spent, right?
18. The thought of having to compete with every other graduate for the roles you want.
“I am less than comfortable with this.”
19. And of relinquishing your freedom by moving back home until you have a life plan.
20. How contradictory all the advice you receive seems to be.
“Make the most of your youth: go travelling. But also get your life sorted ASAP.”
21. And how frustrating it is that of all the things university teaches you, not one of them is how to be a graduate.
It’s time to stop freaking out. EON Reality are hiring grads just like you.
Whatever your degree was in, as long as you have a passion for technology there’s a place waiting for you at EON Reality’s Innovation Academy. Join their 8-month, industry designed bootcamp, gain a unique insight into all aspects of Virtual and Augmented Reality, and equip yourself with the skills you will need to secure your perfect role after the scheme.
Interested? Click below to apply.