21 Things You’ll Understand If You Were In a Sports Society at University
University is all about opening yourself up to new people and experiences. And what better way to do that than join a sports team?
1. Relentless banter becomes the norm.
2. You get to wear sports clothes around uni and think you’re the shit.
3. As a fresher you instantly meet a group of like-minded people who know how to have a good time.
4. And second and third years will make you do outrageous things for the sake of “fun”.
5. But it’s fine, because once you make it out of first year you get to call the shots.
6. Initiations are absurd but you love everything about them.
7. You get to sweat out the alcohol associated with uni life on a regular basis.
— Tom Lazenby (@La_zer) March 7, 2015
8. You’d do anything for your teammates, and vice versa.
9. You love to hate the rugby team.
10. Unless you are the rugby team, in which case you love the fact that everybody hates you.
11. Wednesday night socials beat any other club night of the week.
12. You’ve always got a wing-man (or woman) when you go out.
13. And somebody to walk home with when you inevitably don’t pull.
14. Nobody is half-hearted when it comes to fancy dress.
15. You look forward to pub golf more than Christmas.
Pub golf was just fab✨✨ pic.twitter.com/RzON9H1KyY
— Charlotte Crossman (@charlcrossman) November 20, 2015
16. Until the next day.
— Lauren Harris (@LaurenHarriss23) March 19, 2013