21 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at The University of Sussex
If you studied at the University of Sussex, there are some things only you will understand.
1. You immediately became part of the feud against Brighton University even though you don’t actually know what it’s based on.
The Sussex vs Brighton uni rivalry is too tense
— mofs (@miamilesy) October 1, 2015
2. And you lose all of your chill when people think that they are the same university.
“But isn’t Brighton in Sussex?”
3. Or tell you they didn’t realise Sussex even had a university.
4. Automatically assuming that everyone who lives in Northfield is posh.
Spoiler: they’re not.
5. Or that East Slope is the worst accommodation on campus.
Also not true; they get to do this, ffs.
6. Rushing to the Co-op at lunch to avoid the queues but never succeeding.
— Rehan Riz.wan (@ray367) March 1, 2016
7. While forever trying to resist the expensive lure of Eat Central.
8. Shamelessly going to the Meeting House just to get free tea and coffee.
We’ve all done it.
9. And regularly feeling like there are more seagulls on campus than students.
you know you're a sussex student when the reason you don't get work done is how fucking loud the seagulls are
— Amy Day (@AmyDayy) November 25, 2015
10. Not that you’re complaining about being so close to the beach or anything.
It’s not often you can nip somewhere like this after a long day of lectures.
11. Being permanently frustrated by the computer:student ratio in the library.
12. And desperately needing to befriend the library cat.
Finally met the library cat. Ready to leave Sussex now.
— Charel Muller (@luxemburgerC) April 26, 2015
13. You’re proud of how politically active Sussex are.
You know you've become a true Sussex student when you're having a political debate (argument) with family and friends from home
— gabby baldock (@gabbybaldock) December 4, 2015