13 Things Solent Students Can’t Stand About the Uni Of Southampton
If you go to a city university (or rather, a univercity), there’s always the classic tension between the ‘Uni Ofs’ and the Mets. With Southampton Solent University especially, if you know, you know…
1. Their jokes about us are crap.
Mostly. We’ve learnt to laugh at them.
2. And if you do make friends with a Uni Of student, just remember how far away they live.
Is it worth it?
3. So there’s no way we’ll ever venture there for pres.
Not gonna happen.
4. And don’t even get me started on the Facebook groups.
SO MANY. Just no.
5. You can spot them a mile away.
They’re probably wearing at least one Hollister item.
6. And Jesters has almost been taken over by them.
Where are all of the familiar faces?!
7. They think that their degree is magically worth more than ours.
8. So you find yourself getting pretty defensive around them.
Uni of doesn’t = better.
9. But they’re not that bad, right?
There’s the occasional one that doesn’t label you as ‘Solent scum’. Ahem.
10. Not until they’re next up against us at Varsity, anyway.
Next year, they’ve got no chance.
11. At the end of the day, we are all equal and all love each other.
All in the name of classic innocent uni rivalry!
12. So long as they remember: Solent students have more fun.
And more sex. According to the most important of league tables.