13 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re The Only Girl Living In a Student Flat
Living in a flat consisting of only guys means less bitching, right? Wrong! Here are a few things you’ll only be able to relate to if you’ve ever lived with a group of lads.
1. Your first role is that of a flatmate, your second is ultimate wing-woman.
Or fake girlfriend if one of them needs a quick escape on a night out.
2. But be prepared for them to make fun of whoever you’re dating, no matter who he is.
Every time he comes over they all seem to hide away in their bedrooms until he leaves 🤔
3. And for any girl they date to instantly hate you.
But let’s be honest, you don’t really like them either.
4. When they’re surrounded by their mates, they all believe they are the absolute masters of sex.
5. And you suddenly become their in-house fashion consultant and personal stylist.
You should really start charging them for your services.
6. Whenever people say to you, “it must be nice living in a flat with no bitchiness,” you just laugh.
Clearly you’ve never seen two lads fall out before…
7. But you have to admit having your own personal bodyguard on nights out is pretty good.
8. Except for when they meet a girl at the bar and leave you stood on the dance floor alone.
9. You realise that guys are pretty chill about everything, until you move something that belongs to them.
The kitchen table simply is not the place for dirty socks.
10. You have to accept that ‘toilet seat up’ is the new default.
And even with the seat up 24/7 they STILL manage to miss the bowl.
11. And that hygiene really isn’t a big deal around them.
Haven’t washed your hair in almost a week? They wouldn’t even notice if you dyed your hair.
12. Seeing the male body doesn’t phase you anymore.
You don’t even get excited when ‘the hot one’ walks around in his boxers.
13. But they make for the best cuddle buddies when you’re feeling sad, which makes it all worth it.
How are they always so warm?