20 Things All University of Winchester Students Know To Be True
If you studied at the University of Winchester, you’ll know these things to be true.
1. You loved that the university is surrounded by hills.
2. Until you had to make the excruciating walk up the West Downs hill, of course.
3. The walk to campus from Stanmore or Winnall wasn’t much easier, either.
4. But you didn’t mind because at least it was pretty.
5. The weirdness of having to explain to visitors that, yes, there are sheep on the roof of the Stripe. And no, they aren’t real.
6. The West Downs cat, on the other hand, is 100% real.
7. You don’t think you ever experienced a time when there wasn’t any building work going on at the university.
8. Which often meant that you were still discovering new parts of campus in your final year.
9. You became immune to the fact that the university is next to a hospital, a police station, another hospital, a prison and a graveyard.
It was only weird to everyone else.
10. Getting lost in the Herbert Jarman Building genuinely had you wondering if you would ever see daylight again.
What the fuck is this Herbert Jarman building?! Some sort of maze?!
— Elly (@ellychapman) November 20, 2014
11. And you never knew where SEB ended and SAB started. In fact, you were pretty convinced they’re the same building.
12. You experienced regular frustration in discovering that the cash machines at the SU weren’t working. Again.
13. And disappointment after looking forward to student nights out until you realised that Winchester doesn’t have many bars to offer.
14. So you always just ended up at Vodka.
And if you didn’t regret it while you were there, you definitely regretted it in the morning.
— DJ ChrisOToole (@djchrisotoole) January 17, 2014
15. It sometimes felt like you queued for a whole lifetime to get a BOP ticket.
STANDING IN A MASSIVE QUEUE TO GET A STUPID BOP TICKET IS MAKING MY LIFE RIGHT NOW UNBEARABLE
— Sara Meikle (@sarameikle) October 9, 2014