19 Times You Wished Your Parents Had Come To University With You
Going to university is as much about gaining independence from you parents as it is about learning. It also might make you appreciate them a little more, too.
1. When you first arrived and realised you had absolutely no idea how to cook.
2. Nor how you were supposed to have the energy to feed yourself three times a day.
3. When your room was almost unlivable but there was no one there to tell you to clean it so 🤗
4. When you could just never cope with doing washing.
5. And you only ever remembered you actually needed to do some because you had no clean clothes left.
6. When the novelty of buying your own food suddenly wore off.
7. And you needed a lecture on life rather than just on your subject.
8. When you were hungover and just wanted some sympathy and maybe a home cooked fry-up.
9. Or when you were stressing over revision and needed an impromptu cup of tea made the way you like it.
10. When you came home from a hard day of exams and realised you’d have to sort your own food out.
11. And you wouldn’t be getting any special treatment from your housemates for getting through it.
12. When you had to look for a second year house and didn’t really understand the tenancy agreement.
13. Nor which questions you were supposed to be asking the lettings agent.
14. When you had no idea how to sort out bills or insurance or anything really.
15. And when things broke in the house but you couldn’t just go straight to them with the problem.
16. Or you wished they could instil some fear in your housemates until they respected that cleaning rota.
17. When you got stuck in a work rut and needed them to snap you out of it.
18. Or when you were sick and didn’t know how to function.
19. And, of course, when you just felt really homesick and wanted them there with you.