Everything That Happens When You Finally Get an Interview For a Graduate Job
That first interview for a graduate job is a rite of passage we must all grit our teeth through. It’s the final frontier between you and post-uni reality, and here’s everything that you can expect to happen.
1. It starts with getting the call you’ve been waiting for at long last.
You actually got an interview! The last 3-4 years have actually been worth it!
2. And you can’t help but immediately think about how your hard work will all finally pay off.
3. No matter how much people reassure you, the fear quickly starts to set in.
4. And by the time the day rolls around, even your sharpest suit doesn’t make you feel confident.
Especially after living in onesies for the past 4 years.
5. You try not to be intimidated by the competition.
6. And hope that you can separate yourself from the rest in a good way.
7. Meeting the panel of interviewers has you immediately regretting your decision to apply for a job in the first place.
8. And you contemplate just telling them to forget it before you make a fool of yourself.
9. But then you realise… it’s crunch time.
The worst that can happen is you don’t get the job, so you might as well just carry on.
10. You gather together all the courage you have left.
11. Which is great until suddenly you’re being quizzed about your experience.
A sensitive subject for every student.
12. And asked questions for which you don’t really have a good answer.
me applying to this job tomorrow pic.twitter.com/WlX1eQnAJx
— rat kween (@wattsupamanda) May 17, 2016
13. By the time the interview’s coming to an end you find yourself wishing you were a body language analyst.
What does that look mean? Was that an impressed handshake?